Monday, February 1, 2010

Respect

Today, I learned a lesson. Everyday I learn a lesson, but today I learned a useful lesson. A life lesson. An essential lesson. I learned respecting others is important. Of course I had heard this, I had heard respect others belongings and what not. From teachers, of course. But today I learned this. I realized why. You have the freedom to give your opinions, but you have no right to judge people. No matter what situation they are in, their relation to you, or anything. You shouldn't judge people, period. It's just not right to go about saying things either.
But, why respect? Well, sometimes people have more power over you. As controlling as I am, I hate that. But I needed to learn to respect that. And today, I did. How? I'm not sure exactly. I guess I realized I'm young, and people have authority over me. I need to respect that.
How does this apply to my life? Well the next time my friend asks me what I think about their relationship with their boyfriend, I will give my opinion. I won't butt into their life and tell them what to do. Even if I butt in and then say that's my opinion, soooo not happening. I need to respect others.
And don't take this the wrong way. I always have respected others, but today I just realized I need to keep up the good work. It will take me far, I'll see someday. For the future is still to come. But, I need to think of now, because you cannot predict the future. No matter how technologically enhanced this nation as a whole becomes, we cannot predict the future by any means. The future is yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment